Meeting David on the Set of Wizards

Posted by DHO Friday, August 17, 2007

Fan: Emily and JoAnna
Location: Wizards of Waverly Place Taping - Los Angeles, CA
Date: July 13, 2007 and August 17, 2007

On July 13th, 2007, I went to a taping of Wizards of Waverly Place with my friend JoAnna. We'd never heard of the show since it wasn't being aired yet so we didn't know what to expect. The episode was called Quinceanera. It ended up being a really funny show and we were excited to meet the cast after.

Selena Gomez, Jennifer Stone, and Jake T. Austin all came up into the studio audience to meet the fans, but I didn't see David at first. Then I saw that he was on set taking a picture with two girls. A lot of us were waiting up in the audience right above him, and before they took the picture he turned around and said "I'll get to you guys as soon as I can" which was cool. So we got to meet him and get a picture and autograph. When we asked to take a picture, he climbed up on something in order to get up to our level instead of being on the floor. I saw someone before us get a picture and he didn't do that, so my friend and I kind of felt special.

JoAnna and I were talking during the show and we both thought David reminded us of Mitchel Musso (no one else seems to think so though..), so when we met him she asked him if anyone ever told him that he looked like him. David's reply was "I look like Mitchel Musso.... I've never gotten that before!". I think he might have thought it was weird that we asked that, but that's ok.

On August 17th, we were lucky enough to get to go to another taping and meet David again after the show. The episode was called Art Museum Piece. This time, we talked to him so much more. We reminded him about what we said last time and he remembered and told us he still didn't see the resemblance. haha. We also talked to him about seeing him at the High School Musical 2 premiere 3 days before when we wanted to meet him but we didn't get to. He was really nice and funny and he even signed an autograph for my sister who didn't get to come. Even though this was over half a year ago, it feels like it barely happened and we both really want to go see the show again someday.